Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Safe Living Challenge

"Jesus called His followers to be a lot of things, but I have yet to find where He warned us to be safe. We are not called to be safe, we are simply promised that when we are in danger, God is right there with us. And there is no better place to be than in His arms."

These words I read Monday afternoon. I have not been able to stop thinking about them. What beautiful, true, but challenging words these are. I am going to be totally honest, I live safe. Very safe. I think God has used these words this week to stretch me and challenge me. I have been reminded multiple times in the last two days that Jesus is a sweet, sweet name. I have been reminded that He is my defender, my Savior, and my healer and that there is no better place to be than in His arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment