Friday, August 26, 2011

Open Doors

Choosing a college is a pretty important decision. I made a list of what I wanted in a school, visited school, after school, and fell in love with Lee University. I knew that was where I was supposed to be. And, now that classes have started, I know for sure that Lee was indeed where I am supposed to be. I have prayed for opportunities to open up while at Lee. I am not the best at making new friends, but I knew God would take care of that fear for me if I was willing to hand it over to him. 

God has opened up so many doors in just a week! God is sovereign. I served the middle school girls at my church in Lexington for three years and LOVED every second of it! For some reason, I have a passion to serve, love, encourage, and just hang out with girls that are younger than me (middle school age). 

Last night I was going through my emails and found one that I had missed the other day. It was from a ministry in Cleveland, TN. This ministry is called Life 423. It is a middle school girls ministry that meets weekly in Cleveland middle schools. Open door? I think so! 

I have emailed and signed up to volunteer. I can't wait to start hanging out and encouraging these girls. I pray God will use this ministry to further His Kingdom! 

YAY GOD! So glad I serve a God who holds me in the palm of His hand. I am slowly learning to hold on to Jesus, obey and follow Him and He will bless you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment